The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Simon makes us all jealous talking about the phenomenal new Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 devices along with new announcements surrounding Azure Active Directory Domain Services. Matt brings you up to speed with new announcements around the Cloud Platform System, Virtual Machine Manager UR8 and a new Container management UI from the community. Rick gives us the gossip on the new Azure DevTest labs, along with insight into his trip to the DEVintersection 2015 conference. Finally, David wraps up talking about load testing for your apps using cloud-based services!
Apologies for the audio quality for Simon and Rick’s segments – It’ll be all fixed for next time folks, honest!
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [03:27] – Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, and Nerding out with the Surface Book
- [05:05] – Azure Active Directory Domain Services in European Datacenters
- [05:59] – Credential Guard Blog Post
On Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [07:37] – Cloud Platform System Standard
- [10:39] – Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 Update Rollup 8
- [12:26] – Windows Server Container Manager UI by Darryl van der Peijl
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [14:33] – Azure DevTest Labs
- [15:57] – Tuesdays with Corey – DevTest Labs
- [16:19] – IT Edge Intersections and Devintersection Sessions and Rick’s session
DevOps with David Tesar
- [17:56] – Cloud-based Load Testing
- [19:34] – Performance Load Testing of Azure Web Apps
- [21:21] – Retiring of App Insights on Visual Studio Online Portal
- [22:48] – Azure Resource Group deployment using a Service Principal
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.