I was asked by some folks to aggregate news on Azure front for IT Professionals, so I thought I’d try out a regular roundup post pointing to the sources. Hey, you never know – this might catch on…
- Azure Compliance Milestones: A good synopsis by Lori Woehler, Principal Group Manager for Compliance and Trust. She goes through the updated list of compliance certifications, attestations and achievements that Azure has achieved / renewed in the last while.
- Migration Accelerator update now supports Linux VMs: Srinath Vasireddy, PM in Cloud and Enterprise brings us up to date with the new capabilities of the Migration Accelerator tool.
- Migrate contents of your Azure Subscription between datacenters: Guy Bowerman, PM in Azure Compute Runtime talks about an open source utility that will import / export your subscription assets between datacenters or subscriptions.
- G-Series VMs now in General Availability: Drew McDaniel, PM in Azure goes through what it means to have the largest VM in the Cloud now available in Azure. We’re talking Big Frickin’ machines here that will handle whatever workload you want to throw at it.
- Docker Image pre-built and ready to go in Azure Image Gallery: Khalid Mouss, PM in Azure Compute Runtime group show us how easy it is to get started with Docker enabled images – right from the Gallery.
- Whitepaper and blog post about D-Series machines: Solvano Coriani, PM with Azure CAT (Customer Advisory Team) shares experiences with tweaking performance out of the new D-Series machines using the latest hardware refresh rolling out through Azure Datacenters.
- Final Root Cause Analysis and Improvement Areas from Nov 18 Azure Storage Service Interruption: Jason Zander writes up the final RCA on the Storage Incident that took place on November 18th, 2014.
- Depth Discussion with Mark Russinovich on the RCA of the Nov 18th Azure Storage Service Interruption: Mark Russinovich sits down with CH9 Larry Larson to talk about some more technical details of the Storage Outage.
That’s about it for this round up. Do you have any cool ones to share that I missed? Include them in the comments section!